Over the last 16 months, throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our priority has been to ensure people we support and colleagues across the organisation are safe and well.
During this time, we have learned how connected we are to one another and how our personal actions affect our professional roles and vice versa. We have also become increasingly aware that many of the people we support have increased risks of experiencing worse symptoms than others in the general population.
From 19 July, as the country moves to fewer restrictions, our organisational position is to take a cautious and informed approach. We want to ensure people we support, and team members are safe and well whilst working to reduce the number of restrictive practices created due to COVID-19.
We fully expect and encourage people we support to continue re-connecting with their communities, families, and friends. We will support people to do this safely and take appropriate precautionary measures.
During this transitional period of restrictions easing and until we know the full extent of the risk and impact of the end to lockdown, we will continue with protective practice throughout the organisation which includes:
- All colleagues will continue to complete and evidence negative Lateral Flow tests before supporting or visiting people in their homes or working at any of our offices.
- Where people can’t maintain social distancing and / or in areas that are poorly ventilated, colleagues will continue to wear facemasks.
- Managers will continue to review local risk assessments to ensure measures reflect the needs of people being supported.
- Our offices remain open. To minimise crowded work areas, colleagues where possible will continue to work from home. Office-based working will continue to be booked in advance.
- Buildings will continue to be well ventilated and have high quality cleaning routines in place with daily checks.
- We continue to encourage and actively promote the take up of vaccinations for both people we support and colleagues.
Contact the COVID-19 task team
If you have any specific concerns or issues you would like us to address, please contact the COVID-19 task team by emailing email@example.com