On 22 July the government legislation mandating COVID-19 vaccination in registered care homes was passed. From 11 November 2021 people working and entering a registered care home need to be fully vaccinated unless they are medically exempt.
People entering a registered care home must also provide evidence of a negative lateral flow test, that has been taken no more than 72 hours prior to entering the premises.
This applies to anyone employed directly by Certitude (on a full-time or part-time basis), those employed by an agency and deployed by Certitude, and volunteers.
This also applies to anyone coming into our registered care homes to do other work, such as tradespeople, hairdressers and beauticians and CQC inspectors, unless they have a medical exemption.
The requirement excludes residents, friends or relatives of residents visiting, people providing emergency assistance or urgent maintenance work in the house and those under 18.
We are continuing with protective practice throughout the organisation which includes:
- All colleagues will continue to complete and evidence negative lateral flow tests before supporting or visiting people in their homes or working at any of our offices.
- Where people cannot maintain social distancing and / or in areas that are poorly ventilated, colleagues will continue to wear facemasks.
- Managers will continue to review local risk assessments to ensure measures reflect the needs of people being supported.
- Our offices remain open. To minimise crowded work areas, colleagues where possible will continue to work from home. Office-based working will continue to be booked in advance.
- Buildings will continue to be well ventilated and have high quality cleaning routines in place with daily checks.
Contact the COVID-19 task team
If you have any specific concerns or issues you would like us to address, please contact the COVID-19 task team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org